BEST InitiativesFrom its inception, the Foundation has underwritten the programs of the Business Education Scholastic Team (BEST).
Two programs operate under the umbrella of BEST: 21st Century Scholars, which encourages students to take academically challenging courses and Partners in Education, which matches businesses and community groups to schools to provide tutoring, mentoring, in-kind donations, or other support.
Through the Education Foundation, funds are provided to support the activities of both of these programs.
With the generous financial support of the community, several specialized programs have been implemented. They include:
- Grants-to-Teachers - classroom grants for teachers to implement special programs in their classrooms
- School Site Grants - grants to a given campus to implement a selected special program designed to help their students succeed.
- Seed Grants - sometimes, staff identifies a program that would become self-sufficient, but needs a little "seed money" to get started.
- Scholarships to Teachers - each semester, teachers may submit receipts from their enrollment in higher education for that semester. Near the end of the semester, the Foundation Board holds a drawing, and awards up to $500.00 reimbursement to the winner(s) drawn.
- Paraprofessional Scholarships - BEST provides scholarships to help these staff members attend professional workshops leading to CEOP (Certified Education Office Professional) certification.
In addition, other programs will be implemented as funds become available or as they are endowed. They include:
- Motivational Scholarships for High School Students
- Enrichment Grants for Students and Teachers
- Excellence Awards for Teachers
- Excellence Awards for Students